Sashastra Seema Bal Secretarial Service Group A Cadre Recruitment Rules, 2007
|Sashastra Seema Bal Secretarial Service Group A Cadre Recruitment Rules, 2007|
|State or Central||Central|
In exercise of the powers conferred by proviso to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of Directorate General Security (Secretarial) Service Rules, 1975 in so far as they relate to Group 'A' (Gazetted) Ministerial posts (Joint Deputy Directorand Assistant Director) except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules for regulating the method of recruitment to the Group 'A' posts in the Ministry of Home Affairs, in the Sashastra Seema Bal Secretarial Service Cadre, namely:
1. Short title and commencement :- (1) These rules may be called the Sashastra Seema Bal Secretarial Service Group 'A' Cadre Recruitment Rules, 2007. (2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Application :- These rules shall apply to the posts specified in column 1 of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Number of posts, Classification and Scale of pay :- The number of posts, their classification and the scale of pay attached thereto shall be as specified in columns 2 to 4 of the said Schedule.
4. Method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications etc. :- T he method of recruitment of said posts, age limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto, shall be as specified in columns
5 to 14 of the aforesaid Schedule.
5. Initial constitution :- The incumbents of the posts specified in the Schedule holding the said posts on regular basis in accordance with the provisions of the Directorate General Security (Secretarial) Service Rules, 1975 made by Cabinet Secretariat vide No. EA/SE-115/70 dated4-11-1975, shall be deemed to have been appointed in accordance with the provisions of these rules and their regular and continuous service in their respective posts immediately before the commencement of these rules shall be accounted for the purpose of probation, qualifying service for promotion, confirmation and pension.
6. Disqualification :- No person, (a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or (b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person; shall be eligible for appointment to the said posts: Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and to other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rules.
7. Superannuation :- The personnel appointed under these rules shall retire from service on the afternoon of the last day of the month in which he attains the age of sixty years: Provided that the person whose date of birth is the first of the month shall retire from service on the afternoon of the last date of the preceding month on attaining the age of sixty years.
8. Power to relax :- Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
9. Saving :- Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxation of age limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Ex-Servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.