Top 30 lawyers of Supreme court-Complete Profile
1. Ram Jethmalani-: The King of all the Kings, the “Shahensha” of Supreme Court, Shri Ram Jethmalani was the oldest and the most Senior Advocate of Supreme Court and India as well. His full name was shri Ram Boolchand Jethmalani, born on September 14th 1923 in Sindh, Pakistan. But during partition his family came to India. Mr. Ram Jethamalani was a great jurist, very Senior Advocate, author, teacher, politician and above all a Legend of Indian Judiciary. He was a Legal Giant.
Phone No. – 011 23792287; 011 23794651
2. Harish N Salve-:
Mr. Harish Salve was initially a Chartered Accountant but later on after completing his LL.B. he become an Advocate. He is basically from Bombay Bar Association. Has a good clientage from Maharashtra. Mr. Salve has been the Ex-Solicitor General of India in 1999 and started his practice under his senior Mr. Soli J. Sorabjee. He was born on 22nd June 1956 in Nagpur. His grandfather was a criminal lawyers and his mother was a doctor. He did his internship in J.B. DadaChandji and Co. and later was declared as designate Senior Advocate by Delhi High Court. He started his practice as a taxation lawyer and has a retainership of some good companies of India like Reliance. Tata etc. Several times he has been appointed as a Amicus Curiae in cases like Environment and Forest Conservation, pollution cases BS-IV Engines etc. He also appeared at International Court of Justice on Behalf of India against Pakistan to rescue “Kulbhushan Jadhav”.
He started his practice as an Advocate of Motor Vehicle Act and initially joined the Chambers of his father Late Shri N.K. Nambiar, who was the senior Advocate in Supreme Court. Mr. Venugopal originally belongs to Kerala, but he practiced at Chennai High Court during his early times of his career. Later he shifted to Supreme Court and was made designate Senior in year 1972. He has been president of Supreme Court Bar Association. His son Mr. Krishnan Venugopal is also a Senior Advocate of Supreme Court. Mr. Venugopal was engaged in writing constitution of “Bhutan” and was awarded “Padma Vibhushan” by President of India. He was appointed as “Attorney General of India” by Narendra Modi’s BJP Government.Phone :- 011 26855666
4.Kapil Sibal-: He was born on 8th August, 1948 in District “ Jalandhar” of Punjab. His father late Shri Hira Lal Sibal was a renowned advocate who came to India during partition of Country. In 1994 Late Mr. H.L. Sibal was named a “Living Legend of Law” by International Bar Association and in 2006 Government of India honoured him with the “Padma Bhushan” award. Mr. Kapil Sibal joined the Bar Association in 1970. In 1973 he qualified for the exam of “Indian Administrative Services”. But he denied to join the class-1 Service of India. did his LL.M from Harvard Law School, completed in 1977. He was designated as “Senior Advocate” way back in 1983. The Government of India appointed him Additional Solicitor General of India.Apart from it, he has also been the President of the “Supreme Court Bar Association” for 3 times. At present, he has two sons, Amit and Akhil Sibal and they both are Senior Advocates in Supreme Court. Phone:- 011 23019420; 011 23019421; 011 24610047
He started his career as a Taxation Lawyer in Chennai High Court. His father was in Merchant Navy. He was born in Mumbai in 1956 and did his law from Madras Law College”, Chennai (Tamil-Nadu). He also did the cost-Accounting and has good Knowledge of tax related laws. He joined the Office of “Mrs. Ramani Natarajan” Advocate as her junior and learned a lot about law. In year 2000 he was appointed as a designate “Senior” by Madras High Court. At Present he is one of India’s leading corporate and tax lawyer practicing both at Supreme Court and Chennai High Court. Phone No. - 09840037007; 044 26262503 6. Raahul Trivedi-: He did his LL.M in Criminology and Corporate Crimes and secured 1St Division. He had learned great lessons of legal practice and law from his initial time guru (Teacher/Senior) “Mr. Ram Jethmalani” under whom he did his intermship for some time. Later as a junior he joined the chamber of Senior Advocate “Goolam E. Vahanvati” who became the 13th Attorney General of India”. He worked till late hours with his Senior and assisted him in many important cases
7. Fali S Nariman-: He is the very Senior Lawyer of India. He was born in Rangoon in year 1929 in a Parsi family. He practiced in Bombay High Court at Civil and Taxation Side. Later he shifted to Delhi and started practiced at Supreme Court at Civil side and Constitutional Side. He appeared in more than 100 Landmark Cases like Keshwanand Bharti, I.R. Coelho etc. Mr. Nariman’s fees is very high. All judges gives lots of regards to him. He lives in Hauz-Khas in New Delhi.E-mail :- email@example.comPhone No. – 011 26862980; 26510893;
8. Soli J Sorabjee-: Born on 9 March 1930 in Bombay to a Parsi family. He studied at St. Xavier's College, Mumbai and Government Law College, Mumbai, was admitted to the bar in 1953. At Government Law College, he was awarded the Kinloch Forbes Gold Medal in Roman Law and Jurisprudence (1952). In 1971, Sorabjee was designated Senior Advocate of the Bombay High Court. He served as Solicitor-General of India from 1977 to 1980. He was appointed Attorney-General for India in 9 December 1989 up to 2 December 1990, and then again on 7 April 1998, a post he held until 2004. In March 2002, Soli Sorabjee was awarded the Padma Vibhushan for his defense of the freedom of expression and the protection of human rights. In March 2006 he was appointed an Honorary Member of the Order of Australia (AM), "for service to Australia-India bilateral legal relations"
9. Mukul Rohtagi Rohatgi-: He completed his studies of law from Government Law College, Mumbai. After graduating in law, he started practice under Yogesh Kumar Sabharwal, who later became 36th Chief Justice of India. He started working with him in the High Court and later started his own legal practice. He was designated as a senior counsel by the Delhi High Court on 3 June 1993. In 1999, he was appointed as Additional Solicitor General of India for the Vajpayee government, an appointment that saw him shift base to the Supreme Court. He had a tenure of three years as Attorney General, from June 19, 2014 to June 18, 2017.
10. Nanabhoy Palkiwala-: He was born in 1920 in Bombay to blue collar, middle-class Parsi parents. He was educated at Masters Tutorial High School, and later at St. Xavier's College, both in Bombay. Books written by him - 1. Law and Practice of Income tax 2. Taxation in India 3. The Highest Taxed Nation 4. Judiciary Made to Measure 5. Our Constitution Defaced and Defiled 6. India’s Priceless Heritage 7. Essential Unity of all Religions 8. We, the people 9. We, the Nation.
11. Ashok R Trivedi-: He started his practice as a taxation Lawyer in 1978, but after few years he switched over to civil and criminal cases. He has a good command on Banking Laws and is expert in all types of Civil Cases like Rent Control, Commercial Agreements, Matrimonial Cases, Service Cases etc Mr. Trivedi as a junior joined the Chamber of Mr. Tehmtan R. Andhyarujina, the Senior Advocate of Supreme Court and Ex. Advocate General of Bombay High court.
12. Gopal Subhramanium-: He is the Senior Advocate in Supreme Court who started his practice /career with Shardul S. Shroff in Year 1980. Later he worked under D.P. Wadhwa who later on became judge in Supreme Court. And he joined Soli J. Sorabjee as his Junior. He was Suo-Motu designated as a Senior Advocate by Supreme Court. In 1993 he acted like a prosecuting counsel for C.B.I. in trail of persons accused of setting series of Bombay Blasts. He acted as special Public Prosecutor in Prosecution of accused of the terrorist attack on the Indian Parliament in 2001. In 2005-2009 he was appointed as Additional Solicitor General of India and then the Congress Government made him Solicitor –General of India from 2009-2011.
13. K T S Tulsi-: Tulsi was born on 7 November 1947 in Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India. He has received the Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Panjab University and received the Bachelor of Law degree in 1971. After graduation he became a member of Bar of Punjab and Haryana High Court.
14. Dr. Abhishek Manu Singhvi-: Singhvi was born in a Marwari family. His father Laxmi Mall Singhvi was a scholar in Jain history and culture. He was a renowned lawyer and India's former High Commissioner to the UK. He was elected to Rajya Sabha (1998–2004). His mother’s name is Kamla Singhvi. He completed his school from St. Columba's School. He obtained B.A.(Hons.), M.A., Ph.D., PIL educated at St. Stephen's College, Trinity College, Cambridge and Harvard University. Singhvi completed his Ph.D. under constitutional lawyer Sir William Wade of Cambridge University.
15. K Parasaran-: K. Parasaran (born 9 October 1927) is a lawyer from India. He was Advocate-General of Tamil Nadu during President's rule in 1976 and then, Attorney General of India under Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi between 1983 and 1989. Parasaran was awarded the Padma Bhushan in the year 2003 and Padma Vibhushan in the year 2011. In June 2012, he received a presidential nomination to the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of India's parliament, for a period of six years
16. Shyam Diwan-: Shyam Divan is Anil Divan’s protégé and son. Today, he is best known as one of the lawyers representing petitioners in a highly anticipated hearing in front of a 9-member bench of the Supreme Court on Right to Privacy as a fundamental right. The other advocates on the case are Gopal Subramanium, Soli Sorabjee, and Arvind Datar.
17. V Giri-: Mr. V. Giri originally belongs to Southern India. He worked very hard during his initial years of practice and brought himself in good books of sitting judges of Ernakulam High Court. His arguments and legal knowledge was so good that he was elevated as a judge in Kerela High Court. He served several years as a Judge in the High Court and one fine morning resigned from the Judgeship of High Court and shifted his base to New Delhi and started practicing in Supreme Court as a Senior Advocate.
18. Raju Ramchandran-: Raju Ramachandran is a senior advocate at Supreme Court of India and a former Additional Solicitor General. He has also served as an amicus curiae (friend of the court) for the Supreme Court of India in the 2002 Gujarat riots case and in the appeal of Ajmal Kasab in the 2008 Mumbai attacks case.
19. Amarjit Singh Chandriok-: Senior Advocate & Ex-Additional Solicitor General of India, Delhi High Court). Email ID for internship application: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact number: 011-24339071/24339074
20. Paramjit Singh Patwalia-: He was appointed as “Additional Solicitor General of India” by Modi Government. designated as a “senior counsel” by Chandigarh High-Court. Phone No. 011 24610061; 011 41010061
21. Ninad Laud-: Specialisation: Mining, Environment, Insolvency, White-collar crime & Writs. Courts: Supreme Court of India, Delhi High Court, National Green Tribunal, Delhi, National Company Law Tribunal & Appellate Tribunal & the PMLA Appellate Tribunal.
22. Sahil Tagotra-: Advocate-on-Record, Supreme Court of India, New Delhi
23. Suhasini Sen-: Miss Suhashini Sen is a young Junior Energetic Lawyer who did her law from NALSAR, Hyderabad. She has a great predilection for criminal law and worked as a Junior of Ms. Nitya Ramakrishnan, Advocate, Supreme Court and Delhi High Court.
24. D Abhinav Rao-: His father is an Advocate in Hyderabad High Court. Mr. D. Abhinav Rao, completed his law from National University of Juridical Sciences. Earlier he started practice at Hyderabad High Court and later shifted to New Delhi. He joined the chamber of Mr. S.K. Dubey, Advocate and worked hard on writ and civil litigation including arbitration both at Delhi High Court and Apex Cour
25. Aryama Sundaram-: C. Aryama Sundaram is an Indian lawyer. He has been designated as a senior advocate.He has regularly been representing Board of Control for Cricket in India, Anil Ambani and several other high-profile clients at various judicial forums. Sundaram primarily practices corporate law but also takes up constitutional law and media related cases. He was a lawyer in the S. Rangarajan case which resulted in one of the landmark judgments on the freedom of speech and expression.
26. Prahant Bhushan-: Prashant Bhushan is a public interest lawyer in the Supreme Court of India and an activist. His father is a lawyer-activist and a former Union Law Minister in the Morarji Desai government. He is associated with various organisations including the Centre for Public Interest Litigation (CPIL), People's Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL), and Transparency International (India). He is also the convenor of the Working Committee of the Campaign for Judicial Accountability and Judicial Reforms.
27. Shanti Bhushan-: Born 11 November 1925 Prayagraj, United Provinces. He is a former Law Minister of India holding office at the Ministry of Law and Justice from 1977 to 1979 in the Morarji Desai Ministry. He is a senior advocate of the Supreme Court of India. He along with his son Prashant Bhushan was featured at 74th position in a list of the most powerful Indians published by The Indian Express in 2009.
28. Menakshi Arora-: Meenakshi Arora is a lawyer designated as senior counsel practising at Supreme Court of India. graduated in law from M. S. University of Baroda.
29. Siddharth Luthra-: He is a senior advocate at the Supreme Court of India. In July 2012, Sidharth Luthra was appointed as the Additional Solicitor General of India at the Supreme Court and represented the union and various state governments in matters relating to fundamental rights, electoral reforms, criminal law and policy issues. He resigned from this position in May 2014. He is the son of K.K. Luthra who was also a senior advocate. Luthra specialises in criminal law, white-collar crimes and cyber frauds. He studied law at the University of Delhi where he completed his LLB in 1990 and then did an MPhil in Criminology from the University of Cambridge in 1991.He was conferred an Honorary Doctorate of Law by Amity University, Noida, India, in 2015.
30. Salman Khurshid-: He has been designated senior advocate, eminent author and a law teacher. He was the Cabinet Minister of the Ministry of External Affairs. He belongs to the Indian National Congress. He is a lawyer, and a writer