Wheat atta (grading and marking) rules, 1961
From Advocatespedia, The Law Encyclopedia
|Wheat atta (grading and marking) rules, 1961|
|State Act or Central||Central|
|Contributor Name||Divyanshu Mishra|
WHEAT ATTA (GRADING AND MARKING) RULES, 1961
1. Short title and application
3. Grade designations
4. Definition of quality
5. Grade designation marks
6. Marking provisions
7. Method of packing
8. Special conditions of certificate of authorisation
SCHEDULE 1 :- SCHEDULE I
SCHEDULE 2 :- SCHEDULE-II
SCHEDULE 3 :- SCHEDULE III
SCHEDULE 4 :- SCHEDULE IV
WHEAT ATTA (GRADING AND MARKING) RULES, 1961
In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 3 of the Agricultural Produce (Carding and Marking) Act, 1937 (I of 1937) and in supersession of the Atta (Grading and Marking) Rules, 1940, the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, the same having been previously published as required by the said section, namely :-
1. Short title and application :-
(1) These rules may be called the Wheat Atta (Grading and Marking) Rules, 1961.
(2) They shall apply to wheat atta produced in any part of India other than the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
2. Definitions :-
In these rules-
(a) "Agricultural Marketing Adviser" means the Agricultural Marketing Adviser to the Government of India, and:
(b) "Schedule" means a Schedule appended to these rules.
3. Grade designations :-
The grade designations to indicate the quality of wheat atta shall be as set out in column I of Schedules II and IV.
4. Definition of quality :-
The quality indicated by the grade designation shall be as set out against such designations in Schedule IV.
5. Grade designation marks :-
(1) The grade designation mark shall consist of a label specifying the grade designation and bearing a design (consisting of an outline map of India with the word AGMARK and the Figure of the rising sun with the words "Produce of India") resembling the mark set out in Schedule 1. NOTE.-Each label shall have printed thereon a serial number along with a letter or letters denoting the series e.g. A.004378.
(2) The grade designation mark to be used on paper or cloth bags shall consist ot a paste-on label of the colour set out in column 2 of Schedule II specifying the grade designation.
(3) The grade designation mark to be used on B-twill jute bags shall consist of a rectangular tie-on label of the colour set out in column 2 of Schedule II specifying the grade designation.
6. Marking provisions :-
(1) The grade designation mark shall be securely affixed to each container in a manner approved by the Agricultural Marketing Adviser.
(2) In addition to the grade designation mark, each container shall be clearly marked with such particulars and in such manner as may from time to time be specified by the aforesaid officer.
(3) An authorised packer may after obtaining the previous approval of the Agricultural Marketing Adviser, mark his private trade mark on a container in a manner approved by the said officer, provided that the private trade mark does not represent quality or grade of the Wheat Atta different from that indicated by the grade designation mark affixed on the container in accordance with these rules.
7. Method of packing :-
Only sound clean container such as paper, cloth or B- twill jute bags shall be used for packing wheat atta and such packages shall be securely closed.
8. Special conditions of certificate of authorisation :-
In addition to the conditions specified in rule 4 of the General (Grading and Marking) Rules, 1937, the conditions set out in Schedule III shall be the conditions of every certiFicate of authorisation issue d for the purpose of the riles,
SCHEDULE-II \ \ \ \[see rule 3, rule 5(2)(3)] \Paste-on label for paper or cloth bags. _____________________________________________________________________________ Grade designation \ \ \ \ \ \colour of lettering _____________________________________________________________________________ \1 \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \2 _____________________________________________________________________________ Wheat atta-Grade H.G. \ \ \ \ \ \ Red Wheat atta-Grade L.G. \ \ \ \ \ \ Blue _____________________________________________________________________________ Tie-on label for B-twill jute bags. _____________________________________________________________________________ Grade designation \ \ \ \ \ \Colour of leilcring _____________________________________________________________________________ \1 \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \2 _____________________________________________________________________________ Wheat atta-Grade H.G. Wheat atta-Grade L.G. \Red Blue _____________________________________________________________________________
SCHEDULE III Page 1 of 2 \ \ \ \ \(see rule 8) Special conditions of Certificate of Authorisation.
(a) An authorised packer shall take all precautions to avoid admixture of other grains with the wheat during storage, processing and packing.
(b) An authorised packer shall make such arrangements for testing wheat alta as may be laid down from time to time by the Agricultural Marketing Adviser. He shall also maintain proper records of the analysis of samples.
(c) All instructions regarding the methods of sampling and analysis, sealing and marking of containers, the maintenance of records and submission of returns which may be issued from time to time by the Agricultural Marketing Adviser, shall be strictly observed.
(d) A sample of wheat atta drawn in a manner laid down by the Agricultural Marketing Adviser, from each lot of wheat atta produced shall be forwarded to such control Laboratory as may be directed From time to time.
Agmark Grade Designations and Definitions of quality of Wheat Atta* Moisture Total ash Acid Crude Alco Gluten per cent. (on dry inso fibre holic per cent by wei basis) luble (on dry acidity by weight ght not per cent ash (on weight (asH2 not less excee by dry basis) SO4)2m than Grade Description ding weight basis) per 90 per Designa not ex per cent by cent al tion ceeding cent by weight cohol weight not ex per cent not ex ceeding by weight ceeding not ex ceeding (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) Wheat Atta- The material shall be obtai 13.0 2.0 0-1 2.5 0.10 9.0 Grade H.G. ned by milling or grinding clean and sound wheat. It shall be in the form of powder and shall pass through **IS Sieve 50 (aperture 0.500 mm.). It shall be whitish to light brown in colour having a characteristic taste and flavour. It shall be free from rancidity, insect or fungus infestation and from fermented, musty or other objectionable odour. It shall not have grit adulterants or other extranuous matter. Wheat Atta-Grade Do 13.0 2.0 0.1 2.5 0.10 7.0 L.G. *When the wheat atta has been obtained by grinding the wheat in stone-mills (Chakkis) the word 'Chakki' shall be stamped on the label. **ee IS : 460-1953 Indian Standard Specification for Test Sieves with Amendment No. 1.